Web Application Developer in Raleigh, NC with Greene Resources

Date Posted: 6/24/2020

Job Snapshot

Job Description


Job Number: 38195


Web Application Developer


Job Description:

The Web Application Developer primary role will be the development and enhancements of platform content delivery via a browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). The Web Application Developer will turn the ideas of the solutions team and their stakeholders into high performing, scalable, and elegant code. The right candidate for this job will be ambitious and self-directed with a passion for Agile-based application development.


Responsibilities:


  • Work with JavaScript an average of 75%+ of your day, and UI work the other 25%.

  • Develop "Polyfills" to ensure a consistent experience for Constellation developed content across the most popular browsers.

  • Build custom navigation elements.

  • Develop platform across its full life cycle.

  • Develop functional and responsive single page web applications.

  • Contribute to overall platform architecture and its applications.

  • Maintain platform quality, performance, and responsiveness.

  • Collaborate with product managers, internal and external development resources, and other stakeholders to design, develop, and launch new features.

  • Engage in all aspects of release cycles, including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.

  • Providing last-line application support to internal teams and external customers


Education Requirements:


  • BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.


Desired Background/Skills:


  • A demonstrated ability to work well with people across multiple technical disciplines.

  • A "can do" positive attitude coupled with a strong respect for others and a results-oriented work style

  • Proven ability to collaborate with other team members to successfully create and deliver on a product roadmap and architectural framework.

  • Ability to take ownership of an existing codebase and become the subject-matter expert on it

  • Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment.

  • Strong communication skills (oral, presentation, and written).

  • Ability to manage multiple priorities.

  • Strong organization and time management skills.

  • Required to adhere to organizational policies, procedures, standards, and controls as well as comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.


Qualifications:


  • 5+ years in application software development, with increasing levels of technical responsibility.

  • At least 3 years of strong technical and architectural experience working with Single Page application development, responsive web design, and other modern front-end patterns and practices.

  • Deep experience and strong skills with Javascript and jQuery

  • Experience with HTML5, CSS, cross-browser compatibility, AJAX / restful APIs, LESS / SASS, and JSON.

  • Experience developing ADA-compliant web pages is a huge plus

  • Experience working with DevOps teams in establishing automated builds, tests and deployments.

  • Experience with modern software development tools and methodologies such as Agile.


Other Information:




    Greene Resources is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.